Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lego RC Trike (2005)

In 2005 I bought an awesome Lego RC set, 8475, for like 100$ on closure sale.  I hesitated before buying it because I wondered whether it would even be worth the money; but really, once built, is it ever awesome!  3-step gas and steering, plus an extra digital channel on two triggers.  The motors are quite powerful, enough to spin out and drift some.

After building the two models for which they supply instructions, I thought I might tackle an inverted trike design, kind of like a T-Rex:


It's a shame I have no video of it, it was pretty cool.  The handling was absolute garbage, because the rear end was way too light and the steering angle too shallow, yielding a gigantic turning radius, but it was fun to see go.

From the top.
Underside.

Rear suspension.
It took me a little while to figure out how to build the steering linkage, to widen the track:




No comments:

Post a Comment